Apply Your Learning
Make the most out of your university career by taking advantage of all that Laurier has to offer you. Volunteer work, campus clubs, leadership programs, studying abroad, work experience – there are so many ways you can extend your classroom experience into the real world.
Here are just a few examples of the experiences you’ll have access to in the Biology program:
- Participate in hands-on lab sessions, field trips, tutorials and seminars as part of your coursework.
- Choose to complete one or more field courses as part of your program; approximately 30 are offered each year through the Ontario Universities’ Program in Field Biology.
- Work as a research assistant to help faculty in the lab and field.
- Build a capstone experience through an honours thesis or directed studies by doing research with a faculty mentor.
- Learn state-of-the-science technical and analytical methods in the lab and field - approximately half of the courses we offer include labs that inlcude these!
- Be hired as an instructional assistant to work in a teaching lab, or as a work-study student, in your third and/or fourth year.
Check out the Biology Experience and Career Guide.